VOCAPOST - ARSIP FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indonesian VOCALOID Community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vocaloid Educational Video

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
huntoo93
Voca Jammer
Voca Jammer

: VPost Membership
Posting : 18
Join : 2012-07-09

Vocaloid Educational Video Empty
PostSubject: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012 - 0:40

Hello Vocapost. I am the representative of Sound Of Future in the same time their Main Admin and I would like to ask for your help. Your group success in delivering two Vocaloid albums has attracted my attention.

The Facebook group, The Sound of Future, works to promote Vocaloid and Miku throughout the world. We are currently working on a new project - an educational television special. We'd like to put it on American public access television at first, but we're hoping to expand to other venues like online and screenings at cons. One of our members have started writing the script and we need all the help we can get!

We're gratefully accepting:

-Permission to use fan art
-Permission to use songs/PVs
-Help in producing the video.
-Permission to use MMD models/videos.
-Leads on artists/producers/PV directors.
-Talking points or subjects you would like to hear in the special.
-Quotes or video statements about Vocaloid or your love for the characters.
-Later, help in submitting the program to your local public access station.
-Anything else you'd like to offer!

If its not troubling you, can you email me back to ikhwanakmal[@]yahoo[.]com (Kindly remove the brackets)? Because this is my first time registering to this portal and I'm still learning how to use it properly. Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
mohax_2000
Voca Millenia
Voca Millenia
mohax_2000

: #3 Top Poster VP Album: 1
Posting : 3694
Join : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012 - 1:26

Hello Hai
Welcome huntoo93 and The Sound Of Future
Glad to hear that you like the VOCALO.ID albums Smile
Thank you very much!

We are a positive and supportive vocaloid community, and we are always willing to lend a helping hand.
The truth is, we don't know very much about your project and your organization, if you could, please explain to us how things work in there? We really appreciate your explanation.

This thread is the right place to discuss your project with everyone, especially the VOCALO.ID crews and artists.

mohax_2000
Admin
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mohauwx
huntoo93
Voca Jammer
Voca Jammer

PostSubject: Reply   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012 - 4:13

Thank you for replying in a short notice, as I said before The Sound Of Future works to promote Vocaloid and Miku throughout the world. This group consist of members that work together to one aim and one objective; To introduce Vocaloids to the world.

The Sound Of Future was formed after an almost successful attempt at 5/5/2012 where most of our members grouped together to popularise Hatsune Miku in Malaysia by suggesting her song in one of Malaysia's most popular radio station, Hitz.fm. We managed to get Hatsune Miku to 4th place, however, due to some reason they are unable play it but we still got them to acknowledge Miku when DJ Natalie (the DJ responsible for Hitz.fm FB6) said,

"If you voted for Tell Your World by a Japanese singer, unfortunately we can't play that now, but we'll try to play that for you in the future."

This proves that they acknowledged Hatsune Miku and also, please highlight the word japanese singer; this also proves that they have heard of Hatsune Miku before. Thus after some long discussion with the members, the group, The Sound of Future is born.

Concerning the project, one of our members, Candy Wolff, suggested that we create an educational video that touches on Vocaloids in almost every aspect where we hope we can clear the confusion among those who know nothing of Vocaloids, educating them and in the same time promoting Vocaloids. We're avoiding using difficult words so as to make them easier to understand, if not, then the true purpose for the video would fail.

Currently, we are targeting to put it on America Public Access Television. However, we still need a lot of help and resources to make this a reality. That is why right now we are scrambling for help and resources from anywhere we could find until I remembered you guys! I stumbled upon you guys when all of you were in the process of creating the first Vocalo.ID album. Now, you've already launched your second album, Gumi is singing in Indonesian, what more I can say? I am very proud to know that my neighboring country had launched their own Vocaloid Album, even your album gained attention in SAVE MIKU group.

Sorry if I seem to stray away from the original topic but you must know how happy I am. Anyway, I hope that my explaination clears out most of your questions. If there is anymore questions, feel free to ask. Very Happy

Thank you for taking some time reading this and again thank you for that fast reply. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rakuin
Voca Centry
Voca Centry
Rakuin

: Teh dan acar, silahkan dicicipi
Posting : 483
Join : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012 - 6:42

In other words, we can put our songs and PVs in the video that you are making, and by doing so, tell the world that there are also active Vocaloid communities throughout the world and that it does not only exists in Japan?
Back to top Go down
http://kepinganjepang.com
huntoo93
Voca Jammer
Voca Jammer

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012 - 9:21

Why yes, our project leader do intend to cover Vocaloids on almost every aspect and she said that the most important thing in the video is the Vocaloids communities and fanbase. That means, it is just as what you had said Rakuin, by putting your songs and PVs in the video, we can tell the world that there are also active Vocaloid communities throughout the world. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rakuin
Voca Centry
Voca Centry
Rakuin

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012 - 13:03

On what American public access channel will the video be broadcasted? I imagine that Sound of Future already have an idea where to put the video, perhaps due to a member of Sound of Future having connections to an American channel.

Are there members of Sound of Future that come from outside Malaysia? If that is correct, I think that would make the job easier and it makes a better case to show the world that the Vocaloid phenomenon is indeed international.

Sorry for asking these questions. We need a better idea on what Sound of Future is. I believe answering these will remove any kind of misunderstanding between us.
Back to top Go down
huntoo93
Voca Jammer
Voca Jammer

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012 - 23:22

No no, its okay, I understand, in fact I dont think there is any misunderstanding at all. To answer your question, yes we do have members from outside of Malaysia, some are from Japan, Phillipines and America.

If I am not mistaken the video will be broadcasted on every one possible. American public access stations are not to be confused with Public Broadcasting (PBS). Public access has no national network, they are all local, usually only in one city.

I hope that helps and sorry for taking a long time to reply.
Back to top Go down
luzzy
Voca Stylist
Voca Stylist
luzzy

: (●´▽`●)
Posting : 508
Join : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012 - 10:53

We are glad to see your effort in putting an educational video about Vocaloid. As someone who had been living in the States for several years, I do understand that Vocaloid is not very well known in the States (with exception of LA and SF, I believe).

Before we proceed to agree with the project, I think it is proper for your party to complete a proposal of the project itself.

As a minimum, I would like to see the following information in your proposal:

1. Details of the program
a. A clear objective of the program
b. Intended target audience
c. Brief content description of the program
d. Intended duration of the program
e. Intended course of action for video distribution

2. Legal matters
a. If you are planning to copyrighted music, please make sure you know and follow the legal procedures for using them in a video

3. A clear description of Sound of Future
a. A clear objective of the group
b. Contact information

It might sound troublesome but writing a proper proposal will be very useful for Sound of Future as well, because you might need it when you want to submit the video to the TV stations. Thanks for your understanding, and we look forward to hearing back from you again!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/anitalucius
huntoo93
Voca Jammer
Voca Jammer

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptySun 15 Jul 2012 - 23:38

I am sorry but this could really take a while. It seems that many of our members are sick and we cant have a meeting for now but dont worry though, the proposal is nearly completion. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
huntoo93
Voca Jammer
Voca Jammer

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012 - 20:54

Hello everyone. This is the proposal as asked. I hope that this can clear any doubts. XD

Vocaloid Educational Video Proposal

An educational television special to introduce Vocaloid and its derivative products/applications to the American public.

To give positive exposure to Vocaloid in markets and demographics where it would otherwise be largely unheard of;

To promote singing synthesis as an accessible creative outlet and source of listening pleasure;

To familiarize the public with the Vocaloid/Utau fan community, its beliefs and tenets, and contribution to popular culture worldwide;

To dispel or forestall myths and misinformation regarding Vocaloid, its singers and fans;

Americans with limited or no exposure to Vocaloid and its culture, with consideration for viewers who have low-to-midrange levels of computer literacy, otaku/fan exposure, and Internet literacy.

Introduction; history of speech and singing synthesis including cursory history of Vocaloid singers; in-depth descriptions of select (or possibly all) singers and those singers' impact on society; demonstration of a Vocaloid engine; introduction to complementary software; examination of the fan/producer community; summary.

Approximately 57 minutes, or possibly two near-half-hour segments totaling 57 minutes. Early research shows that 55-58 minutes is the length most public access stations specify for single television specials.

Initially, through individual stations of American public access (free-for-all) television, probably mostly through local volunteers. Unlike Public Broadcasting, no national network exists for public access, and many stations restrict submissions to citizens within their viewing area. To the extent resources allow, the project leader will transmit or send via postal mail copies of the program to volunteers, meeting their local station's requirements. Volunteers then submit the program to their local station.

Other venues such as international TV, cons, online distribution/streaming, and possibly commercial television are to be explored.

2. Legal matters

a. If you are planning to copyrighted music, please make sure you know and follow the legal procedures for using them in a video. Permissions for non-commercial use of music, videos, MMD models and movies, and other intellectual property are being pursued.

This group was formed after an almost successful attempt at 5/5/2012 where most of our members (whom at that time are just participants) and also other Vocaloid fans teamed together in an event to popularise Hatsune Miku in Malaysia by suggesting her song in one of Malaysia's most popular English radio station, Hitz.fm. During the event, we managed to get Hatsune Miku to 4th place, however, due to some reason they are unable play it but we still got them to acknowledge Miku when DJ Natalie (the DJ responsible for Hitz.fm FB6 Event) said,

"If you voted for Tell Your World by a Japanese singer, unfortunately we can't play that now, but we'll try to play that for you in the future."

This announcement was heard by many and it proves that they acknowledged Hatsune Miku also, please highlight the word Japanese Singer; this also proves that they have heard of Hatsune Miku before. Thus after some long discussion with the participants of the event, this group, The Sound of Future is born.

Our objective is to further introduce Vocaloids to the world and in the same time promoting them to the general public which have little or no exposure towards them. This is to prevent any further misunderstanding that could happen in the future or at the current time that could cause hatred (and anything related) towards Vocaloid and its fanbase community.

b. Contact information

If there is anything that might concern anyone or if there is any questions regarding us, The Sound Of Future and also the Vocaloids, please email to:

soundoffuture2012@gmail.com

We will be very obliged to help you in any way that we could as long as it is still in our capabilities.
Back to top Go down
Rakuin
Voca Centry
Voca Centry
Rakuin

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012 - 7:27

About this part,

Quote :
2. Legal matters

a. If you are planning to copyrighted music, please make sure you know and follow the legal procedures for using them in a video. Permissions for non-commercial use of music, videos, MMD models and movies, and other intellectual property are being pursued.

I do not think that you have explained it well. For one thing, that "a." implies that there are more points beside that one but you have not written it yet.

Which brings us to two questions. First, have you asked permission from Crypton or other Vocaloid companies to use their characters in the video that you are going to make? Second, are you aware of another group of Vocaloid fans that is called Sound of The Future (in Japanese, Mirai no Neiro)? Here is the link.

http://dph.ninja-x.jp/

I am sure that it is a coincidence, but you may have to check with them so that there will be no misunderstanding related to the use of the name "Sounds of Future".
Back to top Go down
huntoo93
Voca Jammer
Voca Jammer

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012 - 21:31

I am very sorry. We will try to repair it as soon as possible. Thank you for noticing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
luzzy
Voca Stylist
Voca Stylist
luzzy

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyThu 19 Jul 2012 - 22:17

And if I could add,

[quote]

This announcement was heard by many and it proves that they acknowledged Hatsune Miku also, please highlight the word Japanese Singer; this also proves that they have heard of Hatsune Miku before. Thus after some long discussion with the participants of the event, this group, The Sound of Future is born.[.quote]

It would also be helpful to explain why you started to promote Miku in a Malaysian radio station, and then changed your target audience to Americans.

But well done on the proposal; I think the foundation of the proposal has been built. The next step would be to do some refinement and to add additional details, such as:

1. Proposed course of action
It helps you to define your next steps after the completion of the proposal.

2. Proposed timeline
It helps you to set reasonable deadlines so the project so the project doesn't get dragged on.

Of course, you are free to add anything as deemed necessary. I'm sorry, this is all I could help with as for now. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
huntoo93
Voca Jammer
Voca Jammer

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012 - 3:00

Thank you luzzy for that! Its okay, I might as well tell you now that you are actually a big help to us! Therefore, there is no need to be sorry. I will relay your message to the members.
Back to top Go down
luzzy
Voca Stylist
Voca Stylist
luzzy

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyMon 30 Jul 2012 - 12:46

I haven't heard any news for quite a while... is this project still going on?
Back to top Go down
huntoo93
Voca Jammer
Voca Jammer

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyMon 30 Jul 2012 - 17:59

Sorry, yes, this project is still going on but currently we're having difficulties on our project members. Most of them are sick, and also concerning the proposal, I will try to finish it as soon as possible. Thank you for your concern. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
luzzy
Voca Stylist
Voca Stylist
luzzy

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptyWed 1 Aug 2012 - 10:25

Oh my, I hope everyone gets well soon!
Back to top Go down
huntoo93
Voca Jammer
Voca Jammer

PostSubject: *Proposal Update*   Vocaloid Educational Video EmptySun 12 Aug 2012 - 6:34

Hi, I'm back, as promised here is the revised proposal for the project.

An educational television special to introduce Vocaloid and its derivative products/applications to the American public.

To give positive exposure to Vocaloid in markets and demographics where it would otherwise be largely unheard of;

To promote singing synthesis as an accessible creative outlet and source of listening pleasure;

To familiarize the public with the Vocaloid/Utau fan community, its beliefs and tenets, and contribution to popular culture worldwide;

To dispel or forestall myths and misinformation regarding Vocaloid, its singers and fans;

Americans with limited or no exposure to Vocaloid and its culture, with consideration for viewers who have low-to-midrange levels of computer literacy, otaku/fan exposure, and Internet literacy.

Introduction; history of speech and singing synthesis including cursory history of Vocaloid singers; in-depth descriptions of select (or possibly all) singers and those singers' impact on society; demonstration of a Vocaloid engine; introduction to complementary software; examination of the fan/producer community; summary.

Approximately 57 minutes, or possibly two near-half-hour segments totaling 57 minutes. Early research shows that 55-58 minutes is the length most public access stations specify for single television specials.

Initially, through individual stations of American public access (free-for-all) television, probably mostly through local volunteers. Unlike Public Broadcasting, no national network exists for public access, and many stations restrict submissions to citizens within their viewing area. To the extent resources allow, the project leader will transmit or send via postal mail copies of the program to volunteers, meeting their local station's requirements. Volunteers then submit the program to their local station.

Other venues such as international TV, cons, online distribution/streaming, and possibly commercial television are to be explored.

2. Legal matters

If you are planning to copyrighted music, please make sure you know and follow the legal procedures for using them in a video. Permissions for non-commercial use of music, videos, MMD models and movies, and other intellectual property are being pursued.

This group was formed after an almost successful attempt at 5/5/2012 where most of our members (whom at that time are just participants) and also other Vocaloid fans teamed together in an event to popularise Hatsune Miku in Malaysia by suggesting her song in one of Malaysia's most popular English radio station, Hitz.fm. During the event, we managed to get Hatsune Miku to 4th place, however, due to some reason they are unable play it but we still got them to acknowledge Miku when DJ Natalie (the DJ responsible for Hitz.fm FB6 Event) said,

This announcement was heard by many and it proves that they acknowledged Hatsune Miku also, please highlight the word Japanese Singer; this also proves that they have heard of Hatsune Miku before. Thus after some long discussion with the participants of the event, this group, The Sound of Future is born.

On 20/7/2012, The Sound of Future was renamed to Symphony of Vocaloid due to having the same name as one of the vocaloid international group, Sound of The Future. This was done to prevent any future problems that might arise.

Our objective is to further introduce Vocaloids to the world and in the same time promoting them to the general public which have little or no exposure towards them. This is to prevent any further misunderstanding that could happen in the future or at the current time that could cause hatred (and anything related) towards Vocaloid and its fanbase community.

b. Contact information

If there is anything that might concern anyone or if there is any questions regarding us, The Sound Of Future and also the Vocaloids, please email to:

soundoffuture2012@gmail.com

We will be very obliged to help you in any way that we could as long as it is still in our capabilities.

4. Proposed Course Of Action

a. Gather information concerning the video project
b. Acquire the legal rights to present Vocaloid and anything related to it for our video project.
c. Continuos observation and monitoring throughout the project by project leader, admins and task group leader.
d. Enter production stage
e. Obtain copyrights for the video produced, under the name Symphony of Vocaloid to prevent misuse or anything related. eg. another group/person/company/production crew claiming that the video is theirs.
f. The video goes on air

5. Proposed timeline.

For the whole project, I proposed for a year. This is to make sure that our info concerning Vocaloids is up-to-date since there has been a lot of news, events, updates regarding them this year. Plus, it is also to make sure that the video that we produce is a high quality production such as correct facts, interesting infos and such.

P/S: You might find that somehow there are certain parts of the proposal is not detailed enough but I hope you understand why I am doing this. I am sorry that I cannot give a much more detailed proposal for now but this is as a measure of security. I am sorry again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vocaloid Educational Video   Vocaloid Educational Video Empty

Back to top Go down

Vocaloid Educational Video
Page 1 of 1